Python is a high-level dynamic computer language.
At this time it is the second most popular computer language.
Python was written by Guido van Rossum as a system scripting language.
Some universities are using Python to teach programming concepts for Computer Science course.
Next video lecture is 15 minutes long presented by Sage-Code founder. Film made in Chicago in 2016.
If you do not have the bandwith for this video, or if you already know about Python you can skip.
If you watch the video, you can post a comment andm click the like button. We appreciate all likes.
This tutorial is for very beginners. It is a fast pace essential tutorial based on simplified English.
We have presented the language features in logical order with short examples and notes.
You should scroll down and read without pause or intreruptions until you finish each chapter.
At the end of every chapter you should take a breack.
One chapter/day will enable you to finish the course in 9 days.
This tutorial is organized like a book with 10 pages.
At the end of each page there is a link for the next page.
Every page has a "index" link in top right corner that bring you here.
If you wish to go back to previous chapter, use browser back button.
You can bookmark the pages if you wish to intrerupt your study and continue later.
If you are first time here, skip the index and read on. You will use the index later.
- control flow
Python is a great language if you use it for the right application.
You should be aware of several limitations before chosing Python for your projects.
- Python is slow compared with other languages. This is due to its dynamic typing system,
- Python is vulnerable to /tab and space indention issues after refactor,
- Not having static types makes the language vulnerable to bugs,
- The lack of a switch statement is a common complaint,
- It lack tail-call recursion optimization,
- OOP is ugly compared to Java OOP,
- Scoping is ugly: using “global” and “nonlocal” keywords is difficult to explain,
- Error messages are sometimes difficult to grok: “Syntax error”,
- Python’s multi-threading code is not very efficient due to GIL (Global Interpreter Lock).
Tools & Resources
A project require practice. Professional developers work locally on desktop computers and laptops.
You can setup Pithon interpreter on your computer. Also there is a nice IDE available called IDLE.
To make advanced projects in Python I recommand PyCharm IDE editor that has a community edition.
You do not need to install Python to follow this tutorial.
For quick learning you can use repl.it website.
I have posted some of our examples on my account for you to review and test.
You will find links to so called "homeworks" that enable you to open these examples on-line.
Of course you can log-in with your account but this is not necesary for opening the examples.
Now you are ready to learn Python.